CEO, Prasar Bharati elected Vice President of ABU.Prasar Bharati CEO Shashi Shekhar Vempati has been elected the Vice President of the ABU
ASIA PACIFIC BROADCASTING UNION (ABU):
- The ABU was established in 1964 as a non-profit, non-governmental, non-political, professional association with a mandate to assist the development of broadcasting in the Asia-Pacific region.
- ABU promotes the collective interests of television and radio broadcasters as well as key industry players and facilitates regional and international media cooperation.
- It is a member of the World Broadcasters’ Union and works closely with the other regional broadcasting unions on matters of common concern such as reserving frequencies for broadcasters, harmonisation of operating and technical broadcasting standards and systems and finalising the Broadcasting Treaty.
- Currently, the ABU has over 260 members in over 70 countries on four continents.
- It is headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia