Syllabus: India and its neighbourhood- relations
The focus will be on disengagement from Depsang and Demchok; the Indian side will be led by Lt. Gen., Commander of the Leh-based 14 Corps; the previous round was held in April; New Delhi has maintained that ties cannot go back to normal till the stand-off along LAC is resolved
19th round of Corps Commander talks
- India and China are set to hold the 19th round of Corps Commander talks on Monday at Chushul as part of the ongoing efforts to resolve the stand-off in eastern Ladakh, defence sources said.
- The talks come less than a month ahead of the G-20 Leaders’ Summit in New Delhi.
- Chinese President is expected to attend the summit in person.
- The Indian stance has been consistent, that is restoration of status quo ante as on April 2020, and the focus would be on disengagement from Depsang and Demchok.
- The above entails restoration of patrolling rights till the traditional patrolling points