4.KAYAKALP AWARD SCHEME
- The award scheme was launched in 2015 to appreciate and recognise the efforts of public health facilities to create a healthy environment.
- The parameters for judging are hospital/facility upkeep, sanitation and hygiene, waste management, infection control, support services and hygiene promotion.
OBJECTIVES OF KAYAKALP:
- To promote cleanliness, hygiene and Infection Control Practices in public Health Care Facilities.
- To incentivize and recognize such public healthcare facilities that show exemplary performance in adhering to standard protocols of cleanliness and infection control.
- To inculcate a culture of ongoing assessment and peer review of performance related to hygiene, cleanliness and sanitation.
- To create and share sustainable practices related to improved cleanliness in public health facilities linked to positive health outcomes.
CATEGORIES OF THE AWARD:
- Best two District Hospitals in each state (Best District hospital in small states) – cash award of Rs.50 lakh and Rs.20 lakh for first and second respectively.
- Best two Community Health Centres/Sub District Hospitals (limited to one in small states) – cash award of Rs.15 lakh and Rs.10 lakh for first and second respectively.
- One Primary Health Centre in every district – case award of Rs.2 lakh.