This is or additional grands necessary to satisfy the government spending These grants are mentioned in article 115 of the constitution
- Article 115 mentions three type of supplementary grants, namely supplementary, additional, and excess grants.
- supplementary grant- it is provided when a amount for a particular service for the current financial year is found to be insufficient for that year
- Excess Grant- It is granted when money has been spent on any service during a financial year in excess of the amount granted for that service in the budget for the year
- Additional grant- When a need has arisen during the current financial year for additional expenditure upon a new service that completed in that budget for that year.
Pradhan Mantra Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendra
Why in news–
- The Government of India has allowed primary agriculture societies (PACS) to open pradhana mantri bharatiya Jan aushadhi kendras across the country.
- The kendras were set up under the PM bhartiya Jan aushadhi pariyojana, which was launched by the department of pharmaceuticals,ministry of chemicals in 2008.
- To provide quality and affordable generic medicines to all, especially to the poor to reduce out of pocket expenditure in healthcare.
- Provide generic medicines that are equivalent to quality and efficacy of branded medicines
- Pharmaceutical medical devices bureau of India (PMBI) has been established under the department of pharmaceutical for procurement, supply and marketing of generic drugs through PM Jan aushadhi Kendra.
Who can open
- State government
- Private hospitals
- Now primary agriculture credit societies (PACS)