The AICTE has decided to release the instalment of Rs. 20,000/- as maintenance allowance under the Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS).
THE PRIME MINISTER’S SPECIAL SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME (PMSSS):
- Under the PMSSS, the youths of J&K and Ladakh are supported by way of scholarship in two parts namely the academic fee & maintenance allowance.
- The scheme is under the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- The scheme is being implemented in the wake of the Expert Group that was constituted by the Prime Minister in 2010 for enhancing employment opportunity among the youths of J&K and Ladakh.
- The Scheme aims to build the capacities of the youths of J&K and Ladakh by Educating, Enabling and Empowering them to compete in the normal course.
- The academic fee covers tuition fee and other components as per the ceiling fixed for various
professional, medical and other under-graduate courses.
- In order to meet expenditure towards hostel accommodation, mess expenses, books & stationery etc., a fixed amount of Rs.1.00 Lakh is provided to the beneficiary and is paid in instalments @ Rs. 10,000/- per month directly into the student’s account.