- Prime Minister of India praises “Abhilekh patal” a portal with over 1 Crore Pages of Historical Records of the National Archives
- Abhilekh is a Sanskrit term used in India for records since ancient times and Patal is a Sanskrit word meaning a board, platform, or a surface.
- A combination of both these words has been adopted as an acronym for Portal for Access to Archives and Learning.
- It is a full-featured web-portal to access the National Archives of India’s reference media and its digitized collections through the internet.
- Both the reference media and the digital data will be regularly augmented.
About National Archives of India:
- The National Archives of India is the repository of the non-current records of the Government of India and is holding them in trust for the use of records creators and general users.
- It is an Attached Office of the Ministry of Culture.
The Indian Air Force (IAF) will be participating in Exercise INIOCHOS-23.
- It is a multi-national air exercise hosted by the Hellenic Air Force (Greece).
- The exercise will be conducted in Greece.
- The Indian Air Force will be participating with four Su-30 MKI and two C-17 aircraft.
- The objective of the exercise is to enhance international cooperation, synergy and interoperability amongst the participating Air Forces.
- The exercise will be conducted in a realistic combat scenario involving multiple types of air and surface assets.
SOURCE: THE HINDU, THE ECONOMIC TIMES, PIB