- The Ministry of Law & Justice has launched ‘Online Course on Indian Constitution’ on the eve of ‘Constitution Day’ as a part of celebrations of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ for 75 years of India’s Independence.
- The online course aims to enhance the awareness of the constitutional values to understand the fundamental rights and duties.
- It will also help the citizens familiarize with the glorious constitutional journey and to understand the supreme law of the land including the right to life, personal liberty and privacy issues.
- It is celebrated on 26th November every year.
- It is also known as National Law Day.
- On this day in 1949, the Constituent Assembly of India formally adopted the Constitution of India that came into force on 26th January 1950.
- The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment on 19th November 2015, notified the decision of the Government of India to celebrate 26 November as ‘Constitution Day’.