- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has today announced that the DadasahebPhalke Award for the year 2020 will be accorded to legendary actress Ms Asha Parekh
- The award will be presented at the National Film Award ceremony in New Delhi.
- Announcing the decision Union Minister Shri Anurag Thakur said “I am honoured to announce that the DadasahebPhalke Selection Jury has decided to recognise& award Ms Asha Parekh ji for her exemplary lifetime contribution to Indian Cinema.”
- The Minister also announced that the 68th National Film Awards will be held on 30th September, 2022 and will be presided over by President of India SmtDroupadiMurmu.
- Ms Asha Parekh is a renowned film actress, director and producer and an accomplished Indian classical dancer. Starting her career as a child actor she made her debut as lead heroine in Dil Deke Dekho and has gone on to act in over 95 movies.
- She has acted in celebrated films like Kati Patang, TeesriManzil, Love in Tokyo, AyaSaawanJhoomKe, Aan Milo Sajna, MeraGaonMeraDesh.
- Ms Asha Parekh was conferred the Padma Shri in 1992.
- She has also served as the head of Central Board for Film Certification from 1998-2001.
Shri Anurag Thakur also announced that the decision to confer the award to Ms Parekh was taken by a jury of five members.
The jury for the selection of 52nd DadasahebPhalke award consisted of five members from the film industry:
- Ms Asha Bhosle
- Ms Poonam Dhillon
- Shri T. S. Nagabharana
- Shri Udit Narayan
SOURCE: THE HINDU,THE ECONOMIC TIMES,MINT