- Recently, the Ministry of Communications has launched ‘Dak Karmayogi, an e-learning portal of the Department of Posts.
- To recognise the good performance of employees of Department of Posts, Meghdoot Awards were also conferred in eight different categories. Meghdoot Award was introduced in the year 1984. This is the highest award of Department of Posts at National level for overall performance and excellence.
- This portal has been developed ‘In-House’ under vision of ‘Mission Karmayogi’, which was conceptualized by Prime Minister with a view to bring efficiency efficiency of bureaucracy with ‘Minimum Government’ and ‘Maximum Governance’.
- The Portal will enable the trainees to access the uniform standardized training content online or in blended campus mode to enable them to effectively deliver a number of G2C (Government to Citizen) services for enhanced customer satisfaction.
- To provide better services by upgrading employees and Gramin Dak Sevaks.
SOURCE: THE HINDU,THE ECONOMIC TIMES,MINT