- Recently, the Ministry of Education launched various initiatives under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat (EBSB) to commemorate Rashtriya Ekta Diwas.
- The Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat was announced by the Prime Minister in 2015 on the occasion of the 140th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- The Rashtriya Ekta Diwas is celebrated to mark the birth anniversary of Shri Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- It is an initiative of the Ministry of Education under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat, to teach basic sentences of everyday usage in 22 Indian languages (Eighth Schedule languages).
- It is developed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT).
- The idea is that people should acquire basic conversational skills in an Indian language other than their mother tongue.
- It is available on DIKSHA, ePathshala and through 22 booklets.
- Other initiatives launched include Bhasha Sangam Mobile App and the Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat (EBSB) Quiz App.
Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat:
- It was launched in 2015 to promote engagement amongst the people of different States/UTs so as to enhance mutual understanding and bonding between people of diverse cultures, thereby securing stronger unity and integrity of India.
- It is an initiative of the Ministry of Education.
- Every State and UT in the country would be paired with another State/UT for a time period, during which they would carry out a structured engagement with one another in the spheres of language, literature, cuisine, festivals, cultural events, tourism etc.
SOURCE: THE HINDU,THE ECONOMIC TIMES,MINT