- Recently, a Joint Military Exercise, “Exercise Dharma Guardian-2022”, between India and Japan will be conducted at foreign training node, Belagavi (Belgaum, Karnataka) from 27th February to 10th March 2022.
- Exercise Dharma Guardian-2022 is an annual training event which is being conducted in India since 2018.
- The scope of this exercise covers platoon level joint training on operations in jungle and semi urban/urban terrain.
- The joint exercise schedule includes house interventions drills, raid on terrorist hideouts in semi urban terrain, combat first aid, unarmed combat & close quarter combat firing where both sides will jointly train, plan and execute a series of well-developed tactical drills for neutralisation of likely threats.
- Special emphasis is being laid on enhancing tactical skills to fight global terrorism and on enhancing inter-operability between the forces and to promote Army to Army relations.
SOURCE: THE HINDU,THE ECONOMIC TIMES,MINT