- Recently, India – USA Joint Special Forces conducted the 13th edition of exercise Vajra Prahar2022 culminated at Bakloh (Himachal Pradesh).
- It’s an annual exercise is hosted alternatively between Special Forces India and the United States.
- Special Forces are the units of a country’s armed forces that undertake covert, counterterrorist, and other specialized operations.
- The 21-day joint training provided an opportunity for the Special Forces from both nations to train in Air Borne Operations, Special Operations and Counter Terrorism operations in a joint environment under United Nations Charter.
It was conducted in two phases;
- The first phase involved combat conditioning and tactical level special missions training exercises,
- The second phase included 48 hours of validation of training received by both contingents in the first phase.
- Exercise VAJRA PRAHAR with the US Special Forces is significant in terms of security challenges faced by both Nations in the backdrop of the current global situation.
- The joint military exercise has further strengthened the traditional bond of friendship between the special forces of both Nations as well as improved bilateral defence cooperation between India and the USA.
SOURCE: THE HINDU,THE ECONOMIC TIMES,MINT