- AstraZeneca Pharma India Ltd said it has received an approval from the Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) for the cancer drug trastuzumab deruxtecan for treatment of metastatic breast cancer.
- The company has been granted approval to import and market trastuzumab deruxtecan used in the treatment of select “HER-2 positive” breast cancer.
- Globally, trastuzumab deruxtecan is approved in more than 40 countries, including the US, for the treatment of adult patients with unresectable or metastatic HER2-positive breast cancer.
- HER2 is a form of growth-promoting protein expressed on the surface of multiple tumours, including breast, gastric, lung and colorectal cancers.
- It is one of the biomarkers expressed in breast cancer tumours.
SOURCE: THE HINDU, THE ECONOMIC TIMES, PIB