- A group of explorers recently stumbled upon a waterfall that was hitherto unheard of, hidden in the forests of MuluguVenkatapur in Warangal district of Telangana.
- So far, the presence of the waterfalls has been known only to the tribal people living there, who call it Kothikuntala due to the presence of langurs in that area.
- The group, which has been exploring the frontiers deep inside the State in search of spell-binding waterfalls, named it as ‘Crescent Waterfalls’.
- “Obviously our joy knew no bounds. For this Crescent Waterfalls has a huge plunge of 298 m or 977 feet giving a magnificent view with a patch of lush green environment and rocky background,”
- “Importantly, the reflection of the water is also aqua-blue adding more beauty to the scape. The Crescent cut of the rock edge is giving a spectacular view to the waterscape
- And, it is not just that someone walks off-road to find these jewels, for he reminds them that they had to trek 16 km up and down with chest-level water streams to cross and knee-bruising rocks and boulders.
- Well, Crescent Waterfalls also happens to be the highest single drop plunge waterfall in Telangana surpassing MuthyamDhara Waterfalls in the same locality
SOURCE: THE HINDU, THE ECONOMIC TIMES, PIB