- Germany has sought India’s support for the resolution in UN General Assembly condemning Russia’s actions in Ukraine on the first anniversary of war.
- India can perhaps held find a solution at some stage to end the conflict.
- Russia-Ukraine conflict and China’s increasing assertiveness in the IndoPacific will be high on Germany’s agenda in the summit on Saturday.
- India buying oil from Russia is “none of our business basically”.
- Describing the current international environment as “very very difficult”, Germany considers India as a “very influential and valuable partner” in discussing these issues.
- “China will be very high on the agenda.
SOURCE: THE HINDU, THE ECONOMIC TIMES, PIB