Syllabus: Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India’s interests.
It is vision of PM Narendra Modi to offer India Stack to countries across the globe especially those that have been left behind in their digitalisation efforts, It shall create robust ecosystem of startups, developers & system integrators working around it on Next-Gen innovation
India Stack Goes Global
- India and Trinidad and Tobago have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on sharing of INDIA STACK — a collection of open APIs and digital public goods that aim to facilitate identity, data, and payment services on a large scale.
- Both sides agreed to cooperate in the areas of digital transformation by means of capacity building, training programmes, exchange of best practices, exchange of public officials and experts, development of pilot or demo solutions, etc.
- This collaboration comes after Union Minister of State for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship and Electronics & IT, Minister of Digital Transformation, Senator.
- During the meeting, they discussed mutual cooperation in the fields of IT, emerging technologies, and the India stack.
Highlighting the significance of the India Stack offerings
- Vasudhaiva Kutumbhakam (the world is one family), has always encouraged the offering of India Stack to countries across the globe especially to those that have been left behind in their digitalisation efforts.
- With the help of India Stack, these countries can climb up the digitalisation ladder rapidly and transform their economies and governance.
- It shall create a robust ecosystem of startups, developers & system integrators working around it on Next-Gen innovation.
Since June 2023, India has already signed MoUs with countries namely
- Sierra Leone
- Antigua & Barbuda
To share India Stack while many countries like Mauritius, Saudi Arabia have shown interest and are at an advanced stage of finalizing cooperation on India Stack.
A similar MoU was signed with Papua New Guinea
The UPI which is also a part of India Stack, has been accepted in France, UAE, Singapore and Sri Lanka.