- India will host an international summit on Buddhism in New Delhi.
- Delegates from 30 countries will participate with the exception of China and also Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama.
- The maiden conference being organised by the Union Culture Ministry and the International Buddhist Confederation will discuss contemporary global issues through a Buddhist perspective.
- The delegates include prominent scholars, monks, diplomats and members of Buddhist organisations across the globe.
- Theme: Responses to contemporary challenges from philosophy to praxis
The discussion will be under four themes:
- Buddha Dhamma and peace,
- Buddha Dhamma: environmental crisis, health and sustainability,
- Preservation of Nalanda Buddhist tradition and
- Buddhist pilgrimage, living heritage and relics.
SOURCE: THE HINDU, THE ECONOMIC TIMES, PIB