- In a historic step to make Lakhpati Didis from the Self Help Groups (SHGs), Ministry of Rural Development signs MoU with Ministry of Ayush for skilling of rural youth and empowering women
- Under the ‘Lakhpati Didi’ (Women with annual earnings of Rs. 1 lakh and more) scheme for women belonging to Self Help Groups (SHGs), they will be encouraged to take up micro-enterprises with skill development.
- It aims to double the income of women associated with these organizations.
- Efforts will be made under the scheme for the products to get market at national and international level also.
- E-commerce websites like Amazon, Flipkart, Mantra, PayTM Mall and Government e-Market Place (GeM) are also being tied up to get fair market for women’s products belonging to Self Help Groups.
SOURCE: THE HINDU, THE ECONOMIC TIMES, PIB