- Recently, the Ministry of Rural Development inaugurated ‘Bhumi Samvaad’ – National Workshop on Digital India Land Record Modernisation Programme (DILRMP).
- The Ministry also launched the National Generic Document Registration System (NGDRS) portal and Dashboard.
- The DILRMP was approved by the Cabinet on 21st August, 2008.
- For modernization of land records system in the country, a modified programme, viz., the National Land Records Modernization Programme (NLRMP), now renamed as Digital India Land Records Modernization Programme (DILRMP), has been formulated.
- Two Centrally sponsored schemes of Computerization of Land Records (CLR) and Strengthening of Revenue Administration and updating of Land Records (SRA&ULR) were merged.
- It is a Central Sector scheme that has been extended to 2023-24, to complete its original targets as well as expand its ambit with a slew of new schemes.
- It attempts to build upon the commonalities that exist in the arena of land records in various States to develop an appropriate Integrated Land Information Management System (ILIMS) across the country, on which different States can also add State-specific needs as they may deem relevant and appropriate.
- The system contains information on parcel ownership, land use, taxation, location boundaries, land value, encumbrances and many more.
- It is being implemented by the Department of Land Resources (Ministry of Rural Development).
- To usher in a system of updated land records, automated and automatic mutation, integration between textual and spatial records, inter-connectivity between revenue and registration, to replace the present deeds registration and presumptive title system with that of conclusive titling with title guarantee.
SOURCE: THE HINDU,THE ECONOMIC TIMES,MINT