5.SUBHASH CHANDRA BOSE:
- Subhash Chandra Bose had unfurled the Tricolour in Port Blair on 30th December, 1943.
- Bose had arrived in Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands in 1943 after Japan handed them over to his Azad Hind government. Japan had captured the islands during the second world war.
ABOUT AZAD HIND GOVERNMENT:
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose had announced the establishment of the provisional government of Azad Hind in occupied Singapore in Known as ArziHukumat-e-Azad Hind, it was supported by the Axis powers of Imperial Japan, Nazi Germany, the Italian Social Republic, and their allies.
- He had launched a struggle to free India from British rule under the banner of the provisional government-in exile during the latter part of the Second World War
WHO WERE PART OF THIS?
- Under his provisional government, the Indians living abroad had been united.
- The Indian National Army drew ex- prisoners and thousands of civilian volunteers from the Indian expatriate population in Malaya (present-day Malaysia) and Burma (now Myanmar).
- Under the provisional government, Bose was the head of the state, the prime minister and the minister for war and foreign affairs.
- Captain Lakshmi headed the women’s organisationwhile S A Ayer headed the publicity and propaganda wing.
- Revolutionary leader Rash Behari Bose was designated as the supreme advisor