- PM appreciates success of National SC-ST Hub Scheme
- The National SC/ST Hub (NSSH) would provide professional support to the SC/ST enterprises enabling them to effectively participate in public procurement process.
- The Hub would also work towards the development of new entrepreneurs to participate in procurement process leveraging on the ‘Stand up India’ programme.
- Selected entrepreneurs would be provided with support and mentoring by industry experts, Central Public Sector Enterprises, and incubators.
- The Hub would operate out of the National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) headquartered in Delhi.
- High Powered Monitoring Committee
- Minister of MSME is the chairperson of the committee.
- The committee members are representatives of various stakeholders including states, various ministries, industry associations & SC/ST entrepreneurs.
- This committee would work under the High Powered Monitoring Committee in order to bring the industry and SC/ST entrepreneurs’ perspective to the Hub.
- Purpose – developing an effective, mutually beneficial relationship between the target group and the Government.
Empowered Project Approval Committee
This Committee would ensure flexibilities with a view to accommodate changing requirements of SC/ST entrepreneurs.
SOURCE: THE HINDU, THE ECONOMIC TIMES, PIB