- Recently, Government has modified the earlier scheme of ‘Special Central Assistance to Tribal Sub-Scheme (SCA to TSS)’ with nomenclature ‘Pradhan MantriAdiAdarsh Gram Yojana (PMAAGY)’ for implementation during 2021-22 to 2025-26.
- It supplements the efforts of State Governments for development and welfare of tribal people by extending Special Central Assistance as an additive to the State Tribal Sub-Plan (TSP).
- It aims at mitigating gaps and providing basic infrastructure in villages with significant tribal population in convergence with funds available under different schemes in Central Scheduled Tribe Component.
- To ensure all round development of the selected villages, so that they can indeed become ‘Adarsh Grams’, the SCA to TSS Scheme was also revised to capture the Gaps in critical socio-economic ‘Monitorable Indicators’ as part of various sectors/domains.
- These domains include water and sanitation, education health and nutrition agricultural best practicesetc. amongst others.
- The identification of needs or Gaps with regard to the ‘Monitorable Indicators’ are based on a Need Assessment exercise.
- The ‘Village Development Plan’ (VDP) is based on the data collected as part of the Need Assessment exercise.
- PMAGY provides the platform for convergent implementation of other Schemes with the aim to achieve saturation in the various domains.
Pradhan Mantri Van DhanYojana:
The ‘Sankalp Se Siddhi’ initiative, also known as ‘Mission Van Dhan’, was introduced by the central government in 2021, in line with the Prime Minister’s aim to establish a sustainable livelihood for India’s tribal population.
Eklavya Model Residential Schools:
- EMRS is a scheme for making model residential schools for Indian tribals (ST- Scheduled Tribes) across India. It started in the year 1997-98.
- The Eklavya Model Residential School in Shinde (Nashik) has been planned by the Ministry Tribal Affairs to give impetus to quality education in nearby tribal areas.
SOURCE: THE HINDU,THE ECONOMIC TIMES,MINT