- The Prime Minister has praised the initiative by Border Roads Organisation Project Dantak to commemorate 64th Raising Day.
- Project DANTAK is commemorating its Diamond Jubilee in Bhutan.
- Project DANTAK was established on April 24, 1961 by the Third King of Bhutan and then Prime Minister Jawahar Lal Nehru.
- DANTAK was tasked to construct the pioneering motorable roads in Bhutan.
- Over the years, DANTAK has met the myriad infrastructure requirements in Bhutan.
Some other notable projects executed by the project include:
- the construction of Paro Airport,
- Yonphula Airfield,
- Thimphu – Trashigang Highway,
- Telecommunication & Hydro Power Infrastructure,
- Sherubtse College, Kanglung and
- India House Estate.
SOURCE: THE HINDU, THE ECONOMIC TIMES, PIB