Recently, the Ministry of Panchayati Raj has revised Rural Area Development Plan Formulation and Implementation (RADPFI) guidelines, 2017 in a view to transforming rural India and ensuring rural prosperity.
- RADPFI 2021 guidelines is a continuation to the Ministry’s efforts towards promotion of Spatial rural planning and would create pathways for rural transformation by developing a perspective for long term planning in villages.
- It will enable effective land use planning in rural areas and in improving the quality of life in rural areas.
- It includes Village Planning Scheme (VPS) on the lines of Town Planning Schemes in urban areas.
- Provisions linking Gram Panchayat Development Programme (GPDP) with Spatial Land Use Planning,
- Spatial standards for Gram Panchayat development.
- It is aimed at ensuring ease of living in villages and help minimizing migration to big cities by providing all necessary infrastructure and facilities and also resources and opportunities for livelihood in rural areas.
- It will augment development of vibrant economic clusters in rural areas, which would contribute to the socio-economic development of rural areas.
- It will also supplement the efforts of the Central Government such as the SVAMITVA Scheme of Ministry of Panchayati Raj and RURBAN Mission of Ministry of Rural Development and facilitate better utilization of Geospatial information.
SOURCE: THE HINDU,THE ECONOMIC TIMES,MINT