- Prime Minister will lay the foundation stone for the redevelopment of 508 railway stations spread across the country.
- Under the Amrit Bharat Station scheme, construction work is progressing on 24 stations in 10 States – Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu.
Amrit Bharat Station Scheme
- The Amrit Bharat Station Scheme (ABSS) aims to transform and revitalize 1,309 railway stations across the nation, enhancing the overall passenger experience and making them world-class travel hubs.
- As part of this initiative, work on 508 stations in various States commenced, with an investment of ₹25,000 crore.
- It envisages the development of stations continuously with a long-term vision.
- The scheme will subsume all previous redevelopment projects where work is yet to begin.
- The scheme aims to preparation of Master Plans of the Railway stations and the implementation of the Master Plan in phases to enhance the facilities including and beyond the Minimum Essential Amenities.
SOURCE: THE HINDU, THE ECONOMIC TIMES, PIB