- Researchers recently embarked on a mission after which they claim to have shed new light on Shilabhattarika.
- The celebrated Sanskrit poetess of ancient India was established as the daughter of the famed Chalukyan emperor Pulakeshin II of Badami (in modern Karnataka).
- Shila-bhattarika was a Sanskrit poet.
- One of her poems mentions the Narmada River (Reva) and the Vindhya mountains.
- The Sanskrit poet-critic Rajashekhara who was the court poet of the Gurjara-Pratiharas, had praised Shilabhattarika for her elegant and beautiful compositions
SOURCE: THE HINDU, THE ECONOMIC TIMES, PIB