- It stands for Scheme for Modernization and Reforms through Technology in Public Distribution System.
- Envisaging a new and unified scheme to strengthen the PDS technology components by standardization of its operation and implementation of data driven decision making through the data analytics.
- Smart ration cards are issued to beneficiaries of public distribution system.
- Fingerprint template of the beneficiary is recorded in these smart ration cards, which records all transactions.
To transform the entire PDS IT ecosystem by leveraging the usage of Cloud and new age technology
|Public Distribution System:
● Public distribution system is a government-sponsored chain of shops entrusted with the work of distributing basic food and non-food commodities to the needy sections of the society at very cheap prices.
● Items distributed:
● Wheat, rice, kerosene, sugar, etc.
● Implementing Authority: Food Corporation of India.
SOURCE: THE HINDU, THE ECONOMIC TIMES, PIB