- Recently, the Prime Minister delivered the keynote at the inaugural Sydney Dialogue via video conferencing.
- He spoke on the theme of India’s technology evolution and revolution.
- The international order should ensure cryptocurrencies do not end up in the wrong hands.
- Citing the unregulated nature of the crypto market, recently, the PM called for taking progressive and forward-looking steps.
- India’s space sector is open to private investment and the agriculture sector is reaping the benefits of the digital revolution.
- In 2020, the government opened Indian National Space Promotion and Authorization Centre (IN-SPACe) to provide a level playing field for private companies to use Indian space infrastructure.
- Highlighted the leaps in India’s digital revolution that has redefined politics, economy and society.
- However, the digital age is raising new questions on sovereignty, governance, ethics, law, rights and security.
- It is an initiative of the Australian Strategic Policy Institute.
- It is an annual summit of cyber and critical technologies to discuss the fallout of the digital domain on the law and order situation in the world.
SOURCE: THE HINDU,THE ECONOMIC TIMES,MINT