NATIONAL TECHNOLOGY AWARDS 2020
A total of 12 companies have been selected for the National Technology Awards 2020 for the successful commercialization of innovative indigenous technologies.
- They have been selected under three categories: indigenous technologies, MSME, and start-ups.
- Every year, for furtherance of its mandate, the Technology Development Board (TDB) seeks applications for the prestigious National Awards for commercialization of technologies under these three categories.
- The winners were selected from a total of 128 applications after thorough examination by eminent technologists and a stringent two-tier evaluation process.
National Technology Awards by TDB:
Indigenous technologies category:
- The Award is given to an industrial concern which has successfully developed & commercialized an indigenous technology.
- In case, the technology developer/provider and technology commercializer are two different organizations; each one would be eligible for an award of Rs. 25 lakh and a trophy.
- The Award is given to MSMEs which have successfully commercialized a product based on Indigenous technology.
- SSI Unit Awards given earlier by TDB, has been renamed as ‘MSME Awards’.
- This carries a cash award of Rs. 15 lakh and a trophy.
- This is a new category of Award introduced by TDB for technology start-ups.
- It is given to the technology start-ups for development of promising new technology with potential for commercialization and carries a cash prize of Rs. 15 lakh and a trophy.
SOURCE:PIB, THE HINDU,THE ECONOMIIC TIMES