2021- Year of Indo-French alliance towards a Greener Planet.
- The Union Environment Minister, along with his French counterpart, launched the Indo-French Year of the Environment.
- The basic objective is to strengthen Indo-French cooperation in sustainable development, increase the effectiveness of actions in favour of global environment protection and give them greater visibility.
The Indo-French Year of the Environment over the period 2021-2022 would be based on five main themes:
- Environmental protection
- Climate change
- Biodiversity conservation
- Sustainable urban development
- Development of renewable energies and energy efficiency
- It is also a platform for engaging in discussions on critical areas of collaboration relating to environment and allied areas.
- From the French side, it will be held under the aegis of the Ministry of Ecological Transition, in close collaboration with the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs with the support of the Embassy of France in Delhi and its partners.
- From the Indian side, it will be coordinated by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) along with the Ministry of External Affairs, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy and other concerned Ministries/Departments/Organisations.
- A joint screening committee will also be set up to finalise the calendar of events for the Indo-French Year of the Environment.