PCRA launches a month-long mass awareness campaign ‘SAKSHAM’ to spread awareness about ‘Green and Clean Energy’.
- Saksham (Sanrakshan Kshamta Mahotsav) is a campaign organised by Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA) to sensitize the masses about conservation and efficient use of petroleum products which will lead towards better health and environment.
- The campaign is aimed at creating awareness about the adverse health and environmental impacts of increasing carbon footprints.
- The idea behind the initiative is to convince consumers to switch to cleaner fuels and bring in behavioural change to use fossil fuel intelligently.
- The campaign through various pan-India activities such as cyclothon, farmer workshops, seminars, painting competition, CNG vehicle driving contest, will spread awareness among masses about the advantages of using clean fuels.
- The key drivers include moving towards a gas-based economy, cleaner use of fossil fuels, greater reliance on domestic sources to drive bio-fuels, achieving renewable targets with the set deadlines,
increased use of electric vehicles to decarbonize mobility, increased use of cleaner fuels like hydrogen, and digital innovation across all energy systems.
Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA):
- PCRA is a registered society set up under the aegis of the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Government of India.
- As a non-profit organization, PCRA is a national government agency engaged in promoting energy efficiency in various sectors of the economy.
- It helps the government in proposing policies and strategies for petroleum conservation, aimed at reducing excessive dependence of the country on oil requirement.