The National Health Authority (NHA) announces the extension of its Digital Health Incentives Scheme (DHIS) under the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) till December 2023.
Digital Health Incentives Scheme (DHIS):
- The DHIS was launched as part of the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission.
- The scheme proved to be a significant catalyst in promoting the adoption of digital health technologies and practices in healthcare delivery across the country.
- The incentives under this scheme would be provided to hospitals and diagnostic labs and also to the providers of digital health solutions such as Hospital/ Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) and Laboratory Management Information Systems (LMIS).
- The National Health Authority (NHA) is implementing Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) to create a digital health ecosystem for the country.
Incentives would be provided to the following entities:
- Health Facilities having 10 or more beds
- Laboratory/radiology diagnostics centers
- Digital Solution Companies (entities providing ABDM-enabled digital solutions)
The incentives shall be provided based on the number of ABHA-linked transactions i.e., the digital health records created and linked to Ayushman Bharat Health Account (ABHA).
SOURCE: THE HINDU, THE ECONOMIC TIMES, PIB