2. ATMOSPHERIC AND CLIMATE RESEARCH-MODELLING OBSERVING SYSTEMS AND SERVICES (ACROSS)
- ACROSS scheme pertains to the atmospheric science programs of the Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES).
- It addresses different aspects of weather and climate services, which includes warnings for cyclone, storm surges, heatwaves, thunderstorms, etc.
- The ACROSS scheme consists of nine sub-programmes which are multi-disciplinary and multi-institutional in nature and will be implemented in an integrated manner.
- As the objective of the ACROSS scheme is to provide reliable weather and climate forecast for the betterment of society, the scheme aims at improving the skill of weather and climate forecast through sustained observations, intensive R& D.
- The scheme provides improved weather, climate and ocean forecast and services, thereby ensuring the transfer of commensurate benefits to the various services.