- Indian Army to participate in Exercise SHANTIR OGROSHENA, a multinational military exercise in Bangladesh.
- Multinational Military Exercise SHANTIR OGROSHENA 2021 (Front Runner of the Peace) will be held at Bangladesh to commemorate the birth centenary of Bangladesh ‘Father of the Nation’ Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
- The DOGRA Regiment will participate in the exercise along with a contingent of the Royal Bhutan Army, the Sri Lankan Army and the Bangladesh Army in April 2021.
- The theme of the exercise is “Robust Peace Keeping Operations”.
- Military observers from the USA, UK, Turkey, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Singapore will also be in attendance throughout the exercise.
SOURCE: THE HINDU,THE ECONOMIC TIMES,MINT