PM to address WEF’s Davos Dialogue.
WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM (WEF):
- The WEF is an international NGO founded in 1971 and based in Cologny, Switzerland.
- Earlier known as the European Management Forum, it changed its name to its current one in 1987.
- The WEF states its mission as “committed to improving the state of the world by engaging business, political, academic, and other leaders of society to shape global, regional, and industry agendas”.
- The WEF hosts an annual meeting at the end of January in Davos, Switzerland.
- The meeting brings together some 3,000 business leaders, international political leaders, economists, celebrities and journalists for up to five days to discuss global issues, across 500 sessions.
- The Davos Dialogues agenda marks the launch of the World Economic Forum’s Great Reset Initiative in the post COVID world.