MEETING OF BRICS FINANCE AND CENTRAL BANK DEPUTIES
India hosts First Meeting of BRICS Finance and Central Bank Deputies.
- India hosted a Meeting of BRICS Finance and Central Bank Deputies virtually.
- It was co-chaired by the Secretary, Economic Affairs, Finance Ministry and the Deputy Governor of the RBI.
- Other participants included BRICS Finance and Central Bank Deputies of Brazil, Russia, China and South Africa.
- This was the first meeting on BRICS Financial Cooperation under the India Chair in 2021.
- During the meeting, India shared priorities under financial cooperation agenda and issues for discussion during 2021 such as Global Economic Outlook and Response to COVID-19, Social Infrastructure Financing and Use of Digital Technologies, New Development Bank (NDB) Activities, Fintech for SME and Financial Inclusion, BRICS Contingent Reserve Arrangement (CRA), among others.
- India assumed the BRICS Chairship in 2021, at a time when BRICS is celebrating its 15th
- Intra-BRICS Cooperation, India’s approach is focused on strengthening collaboration through Continuity, Consolidation and Consensus.
- International Commission on Large Dams (ICOLD) Symposium on Sustainable Development of Dams & River Basins inaugurated.
- The symposium is being organised by ICOLD in collaboration with the Central Water Commission (CWC), Dam Rehabilitation Improvement Project (DRIP) and National Hydrology Project (NHP) in New Delhi.
- The symposium is being organised to provide an excellent opportunity to Indian Dam Engineering Professionals and Agencies to share their experiences, ideas and latest developments in new materials and construction technologies, advancement in investigation techniques, best engineering practices, dam safety issues, etc. Read more about the National Hydrology Project in
About International Commission on Large Dams (ICOLD):
- The International Commission On Large Dams (ICOLD) is a non-governmental International Organization which provides a forum for the exchange of knowledge and experience in dam engineering.
- ICOLD was founded in 1928 and has National Committees from more than 100 countries with approximately 10000 individual members.
- The members are mostly practising engineers, geologists and scientists form governmental or private organizations, consulting firms, universities, laboratories and construction companies.
- ICOLD leads the profession in setting standards and guidelines to ensure that dams are built and operated safely, efficiently, economically, and are environmentally sustainable and socially equitable.
- It is headquartered in Paris, France.
SOURCE: THE HINDU