Recently, on the occasion of World Environment Day (5th June), the Tourism Minister appreciated the Incredible India Tourist Facilitator Certification Programme (IITFC).
- IITFC Programme is a digital initiative of the Ministry of Tourism (MoT), for the citizens of India to become a part of the booming Tourism Industry.
- It is an online programme where one can learn about tourism at their own time, space, path and pace.
- The successful completion of this programme would enable the learner to become a Certified Tourist Facilitator of the Ministry of Tourism.
- In FY20, the tourism sector in India accounted for 39 million jobs, which was 8% of the total employment in the country. By 2029, it is expected to account for about 53 million jobs.
- According to WTTC (World Travel and Tourism Council), India ranked 10th among 185 countries in terms of travel & tourism’s total contribution to GDP in 2019. During 2019, the contribution of travel & tourism to GDP was 6.8% of the total economy.
- By 2028, international tourist arrivals are expected to reach 30.5 billion and generate revenue over USD 59 billion.
- India’s travel and tourism industry has huge growth potential.
- The industry is also looking forward to the expansion of e-Visa scheme, which is expected to double the tourist inflow in India.
- India’s travel and tourism industry has the potential to expand by 2.5% on the back of higher budgetary allocation and low-cost healthcare facilities according to a joint study conducted by Assocham and Yes Bank in 2017.
SOURCE: THE HINDU,THE ECONOMIC TIMES,MINT