1.EXERCISE DESERT KNIGHT-21
Indian Air Force and French Air and Space Force (Armée de l’Airet de l’Espace) will conduct a bilateral Air exercise, Ex Desert Knight-21 at Air Force Station Jodhpur from 20 to 24 Jan 2021.
- The exercise is unique as it includes fielding of Rafale aircraft by both sides and is indicative of the growing interaction between the two premier Air Forces.
- As part of Indo-French defence cooperation, Indian Air Force and French Air and Space Force have held six editions of Air Exercises named ‘Garuda’, the latest being in 2019 at Air Force Base Mont-de-Marsan, France.
- As measures to further the existing cooperation, the two forces have been gainfully utilising available opportunities to conduct ‘hop-exercises’.
- It is a bilateral air exercise between India and France.
THE FRENCH SIDE IS PARTICIPATING WITH:
- Airbus A-330 Multi-Role Tanker Transport (MRTT)
- A-400M Tactical Transport aircraft
- 175 personnel (approx.)
INDIAN AIR FORCE AIRCRAFT PARTICIPATING:
- Mirage 2000
- Su-30 MKI
- IL-78 Flight Refuelling Aircraft
- AWACS and AEW&C aircraft