INDIA’S HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE TO MADAGASCAR
- India is sending a consignment of 1,000 metric tonnes of rice and one lakh tablets of HCQ to Madagascar.
- This is in response to the urgent appeal made by Madagascar for international solidarity and assistance to deal with the humanitarian crisis in South of Madagascar due to severe drought.
- The humanitarian assistance is being delivered on-board INS Jalashwa, which will leave with the food and medical assistance on 3rd of March and is expected to reach the Port of Ehoala in Madagascar during 21st to 24th of March.
- During this trip, INS Jalashwa will also have on-board an Indian Naval training team which is being deployed in Madagascar for capacity building and training of the Malagasy Special Forces for two weeks.
- INS Jalashwa will also call at Port Anjoun in the Republic of Comoros where it will deliver a consignment of 1,000 metric tonnes of rice.