EXERCISE YUDH ABHYAS 2021
The 16th edition of Indo-U.S. joint military exercise ‘YudhAbhyas’ is set to be held in Rajasthan between February 8 and 21.
- The exercise near the India-Pakistan border aims at enhancing cooperation and interoperability between the two armies and will focus on counter-terrorism operations under the UN mandate.
- The drill comes days after the air forces of India and France held a five-day joint exercise in Rajasthan in January.
- Exercise with U.S. Army is significant in terms of security challenges faced by both the nations in the backdrop of global terrorism.
- The joint military exercise will enhance the level of defence cooperation between both armies which will also foster the bilateral relations between both nations.
- It reiterates India’s key role as a key partner in the Indo-Pacific region.