- Recently, the Governor of Maharashtra inaugurated a HunarHaat in Mumbai.
- HunarHaat is an exhibition of handicrafts and traditional products made by artisans from the minority communities.
- These are organised by the Ministry of Minority Affairs under USTTAD (Upgrading the Skills & Training in Traditional Arts/Crafts for Development) scheme.
- The USTTAD scheme aims to promote and preserve the rich heritage of the traditional arts & crafts of the minority communities.
- These Haat aim to provide market exposure and employment opportunities to artisans, craftsmen and traditional culinary experts.
- It envisages boosting the skills of craftsmen, weavers and artisans who are already engaged in the traditional ancestral work.
- ‘HunarHaat’ has proved to be “Empowerment Exchange” for master artisans and craftsmen.
- The next ‘HunarHaat’ will be organised at Lucknow from 10th to 20th January 2020.
SOURCE:PIB,THE ECONOMIC TIMES