5. KHADI PRAKRITIK PAINT
Khadi Prakritik Paint has been launched by Kumarappa National Handmade Paper Institute, Jaipur (a KVIC unit).
ABOUT KHADI PRAKRITIK PAINT:
- It is an eco-friendly, non-toxic paint with anti-fungal, anti-bacterial properties.
- Based on cow dung as its main ingredient, the paint is cost-effective and odourless, and has been certified by the Bureau of Indian Standards.
- The paint is free from heavy metals like lead, mercury, chromium, arsenic, cadmium and others.
- It will be a boost to local manufacturing and will create sustainable local employment through technology transfer.
- This technology will increase the consumption of cow dung as a raw material for eco-friendly products and will generate additional revenue to farmers and gaushalas.
- This is estimated to generate additional income of Rs 30,000 (approx.) per annum per animal to farmers/gaushalas.
- Utilization of cow dung will also clean the environment and prevent clogging of drains.