7.MAIDEN FLIGHT TRIAL OF SAHAYAK-NG, AIR DROPPABLE CONTAINER
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) along with Indian Navy conducted the successful maiden test trial of ‘SAHAYAK-NG’ off the coast of Goa.
- It is India’s first indigenously designed and developed Air Dropped Container from IL 38SD aircraft (Indian Navy)
- The trial was conducted by Indian Navy to enhance its operational logistics capabilities and provide critical engineering stores to ships which are deployed more than 2000 km from the coast.
- It reduces the requirement of ships to come close to the coast to collect spares and stores.
- SAHAYAK-NG is an advanced version of SAHAYAK Mk I.
- The newly developed GPS aided air dropped container is having the capability to carry a payload that weighs upto50 kg and can be dropped from heavy aircraft.