2.CENTRAL BOARD OF INDIRECT TAXES & CUSTOMS (CBIC)
CBIC celebrates International Customs Day, 2021.
INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMS DAY:
- Annually held on January 26, International Customs Day (ICD) recognizes the role of customs officials and agencies in maintaining border security.
- It focuses on the working conditions and challenges that customs officers face in their jobs.
- It was instituted by the World Customs Organization (WCO).
- January 26th commemorates the day in 1952 when the inaugural session of the Customs Cooperation Council (CCC) was held in Brussels, Belgium.
- In 1994 the CCC was renamed World Customs Organization (WCO) and today customs organizations from 183 countries are WCO members. The WCO is headquartered in Brussels
- The theme for the 2021 commemoration was, “Customs bolstering Recovery, Renewal and Resilience for a sustainable supply chain”.