1.REGULATORY COMPLIANCE PORTAL BY DPIIT
DPIIT has launched the Regulatory Compliance Portal in January 2021.
- In order to translate the Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyaninto a reality, the next generation of reforms relating to minimizing regulatory burden on businesses and citizens are being taken up by Central Ministries and States/UTs on a mission mode.
- The government has declared as its priority making Government to Business and Government to Citizen interfaces online, transparent and time-bound.
- The DPIIT, Commerce & Industry Ministry is the nodal department for coordinating the exercise of minimizing regulatory compliance burden for citizens and businesses.
- The launch of the Regulatory Compliance Portal is a major initiative in this regard.
REGULATORY COMPLIANCE PORTAL:
- The objective of this portal is to act as a bridge between citizens, industries and the Government in order to minimize burdensome compliances.
- It will also act as a first-of-its-kind central online repository of all Central and State-level compliances.
- All Central Ministries/Departments and States/UTs would examine laws/regulations/rules under their purview and implement an Action Plan to rationalize and simplify all the processes and remove burdensome compliances, decriminalize laws and repeal redundant Acts.
- These details would be captured and tracked on the Regulatory Compliance Portal.
- Industry stakeholders from trade bodies such as CII, FICCI and ASSOCHAM would also be able to submit compliances and proposed recommendations.
- This will be assessed by the Government authorities concerned and suitable action would be undertaken to minimize the regulatory compliance burden.