NATIONAL AWARDS BY THE DEPT. OF CHEMICALS AND PETROCHEMICALS
10th national awards for ‘Technology Innovation in Petrochemicals & Downstream Plastics Processing Industries’ to be presented.
- The National Awards for ‘Technology Innovation in Petrochemicals and Downstream Plastic Processing Industries’ is an initiative of the Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals.
- It is aimed to felicitate and recognize the innovative efforts of renowned scientists, researchers and industrialists in the broad areas of Polymer Science & Technologies.
- This award scheme is expected to help improve the performance of the existing products and quality leading to better acceptance and increase in demand of the products in the competitive market of polymer and plastic.
- These awards are given in 12 categories.
- The National Policy on Petrochemicals was announced in April 2007.
- The policy envisions the development of value-added, quality petrochemical products at globally competitive prices using eco-friendly processes and technologies as well as innovation of newer application and products with focus on sustainable development.
SOURCE:THE ECONOMIC TIMES,MINT