- Gujarat has signed MoUs with several big corporates, including Reliance, Adani, which have pledged huge investments in green energy projects.
- According to the state government, Gujarat aims to become hub for green hydrogen by creating a production capacity of 8 metric tonnes per annum (MTPA) by 2035.
- The State is framing a new policy for green hydrogen manufacturing, which will be given the status of a ‘priority sector’.
- The State Cabinet approved the allotment of 1.99 lakh hectares of land in the Kutch-Banas kantha border areas for establishing Green Hydrogen projects.
- Besides the government will provide a range of incentives to the industries investing in the State’s green hydrogen projects.
- According to the land allotment policy, the companies must meet 50% of their green hydrogen production capacity within five years of commissioning their plants and 100% within eight years.
- As a State with a favorable policy regime and solid infrastructure base, Gujarat will be a hub for green energy and its ecosystem,
- The State is expecting around ₹10 lakh crore worth of investments in this new sector over the next 15 years.
- Therefore, Gujarat has set the ball rolling to become the country’s green hydrogen manufacturing hub and retain its dominance over the industrial sector.
SOURCE: THE HINDU, THE ECONOMIC TIMES, PIB