Recently, the software of Co-WIN App (also called Covid Vaccine IntelligenceNetwork) was upgraded to improve monitoring and managing of the ongoing Covid-19Vaccination programme.
Co-WIN, a cloud-based IT platform, is supposed to handle minute detailsfor India’s Covid-19 immunisationprogramme, including registeringbeneficiaries, allocating vaccination centres, sending text messages with name oftheir vaccinator to beneficiaries and live monitoring of vials in cold storage.
- The Co-WIN platform is owned by the Ministry of Health and FamilyWelfare and was earlier the platform used for conducting Pulse Polioand other crucial immunisationprogrammesacross the country.
- The same platform has been expanded for doling out Covid-19 vaccines and theMinistry of Electronics and IT along with the National InformaticsCentreare handling the backend and the tech infrastructure for it.
Monitoring and tracking:
- This app enables monitoring the inoculation driveand tracking the listed beneficiaries for vaccination on a real-time basis.
- Thus, it also helps to counter proxy vaccinations.
- This app would enable beneficiaries to be identifiedefficiently through use of Aadhaar