1.FUTURE INVESTMENT INITIATIVE FORUM
- The Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare addressed the 4 edition of the Future
- Investment Initiative Forum through a video conference.
- The aim of the Forum hosted in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia) was to find solutions on how businesses and governments can expand access to healthcare, train healthcare workers, remove regulatory barriers and encourage investment in advanced health technologies.
FUTURE INVESTMENT INITIATIVE FORUM
- The Future Investment Initiative (FII) is widely described as “Davos in the desert”.
- It is Saudi Arabia’s flagship investment conference.
- The informal name derives from the World Economic Forum’s annual meetingthat is held in Davos, Switzerland, where world leaders discuss agendasfor pressing international issues.
- FII was announced in September 2017by the Public Investment Fund,Saudi Arabia’s main sovereign wealth fund, in the context of the Saudi Vision 2030Economic and Social Reform Programme.
INDIA HIGHLIGHTED FIVE BIG TRENDS EMERGING DUE TO COVID-19 :
- The impact of Technology and Innovation.
- Importance of Infrastructurefor Global Growth.
- Changes coming in human resourceand future of work.
- Compassion for Environment.
- Business friendly Governancewith focus on the whole of society and government approach.
INDIGENOUS INNOVATIONS TO DIGITAL HEALTH TOOLS (FOR COVID-19):
- Bluetooth tracking technologyis used to analyzeand locate Covid hotspots and alert local authorities in advance.
- India has launched a special economic and comprehensive package of Rs 2 million Crore,equivalent to 10%of India’s GDP under AtmanirbharBharat Abhiyan.
- India has developed a comprehensive vision on developing skilled human resources. For Example: Recently, the government has launched thePradhan Mantri Kaushal VikasYojana (PMKVY) 3.0.
- The steps taken by India to mitigate climate change (e.g. National Action Plan on Climate Change) and move towards clean fuel consumption (e.g.Ujjwala).
- India is developing a comprehensive ecosystem from research and development to tech-entrepreneurship.
- India demonstrated the world’s largest vaccination campaignlaunched by it recently with two Covid-19 vaccines (Covidshield and Covaxin).
- Serum Institute of India will deliver Covishield to Saudi Arabia. Referred to the development of the Co-WIN digital platformand theAyushman Bharat scheme, the world’s largest government health program,which are shining examples of the use of technology in the integration of publichealth communities.