E-Daakhil portal for consumer grievance redressal is operational in 15 States/UTs.
What is E-Daakhil Portal?
- It is a portal for e-filing of consumer complaints with the National Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission (NCDRC) and other consumer commissions.
- It was launched by the NCDRC in September 2020 with Delhi being the first state to implement it.
- The fees for filing the complaint can also be paid online through the e-Daakhil portal.
- The e-Daakhil portal empowers the consumer and their advocates to file the consumer complaints along with payment of requisite fees online from anywhere for the redressal of their complaints.
- It also facilitates the consumer commissions to scrutinize the complaints online to accept, reject or forward the complaint to the concerned commission for further processing.
- To facilitate rural consumers for e-filing, it has been decided to integrate the Common Service Centres (CSC) with the e-daakhil portal.
- As many consumers at Gram Panchayat level may either not have access to electronic modes of communication or are unable to use the tools, they may avail the services of CSCs in filing their complaints in the Consumer Commission. Also read: Consumer Protection Act, 2019
SARAS AAJEEVIKA MELA 2021
Union Minister inaugurates Saras Aajeevika Mela 2021.
About Saras Aajeevika Mela 2021:
- The Saras Aajeevika Mela 2021 is being organised at Noida Haat by the Ministry of Rural Development.
- More than 300 rural self-help groups and craftsman from 27 states are participating in the Mela.
- Stalls showcasing regional cuisines and cultural performances are being organised at the Mela (fair).
- During the Mela, workshops on product packaging and design, communication skills, social media publicity and Business 2 Business marketing will be organised to educate the rural self-help groups and craftsman.
- Through participation in SARAS Aajeevika Mela, these rural SHG women get vital national level exposure to understand the demand and taste of urban customers.
SOURCE: THE HINDU,MINT